Mountain bikers will find a second home in the Home of Lässig. The unique mountain and alpine landscape reveals a multitude of challenging trails.
Action and adrenaline rush on two wheels are at home around the Bachgut - Das Resort am Berg. During a visit to the Bikepark Saalbach Hinterglemm, downhill bikers and freeriders can discover five park trails and eleven other single trails - and thanks to the Joker Card, the ascent with the summer mountain lifts is included!
Are you already looking forward to the downhill freeride biking experience in Saalbach? That's only understandable, because five exciting trails for beginners and pros await you in the centre of the bike park. Here you can take your time to hone your skills and gradually work your way up to the biggest challenges. You can look forward to:
Eleven more thrilling trails can be found throughout the Home of Lässig, of course in all levels of difficulty and with many a hidden surprise. Here are our insider tips and favourites:
- Bergstadl Trail: Freeriders and downhill riders love this natural route. Tricky stone passages and hairpin bends await over the entire length of 3.1 km, before a comparatively leisurely descent into the valley via the Buchegg Trail.
- Wurzel Trail: Shorten the route to Leogang over the mountains and ride from the Kohlmais summit to the Wildkarkogel over countless roots. Good riding technique is a must here, as the bumpy trail has already thrown off many a wannabe.
- Hacklberg Trail: Next to the Westgipfel mountain station, this natural trail with panoramic views is one of the most beautiful mountain bike tours in the Home of Lässig. 5.4 challenging kilometres tackle speed sections, waves, small jumps and tight berms.
The aforementioned Wurzel Trail - as well as the somewhat easier Asitz Trail - take you directly to Leogang. The local bike park is one of the best-known bike parks in Europe and regularly hosts national and international, high-calibre competitions. Six routes and many a variation pose challenges even for die-hard MTB cracks. The demanding Hang Man trails prepare you for the bike park experience, while the wheat is separated from the chaff on the Speedster.
If you want to add variety to your biking holiday, make a detour to the truly "epic" bike park in Leogang. The Bikepark Leogang routes are divided into a wide variety of trails, and some of the variants pose challenges even for die-hard MTB cracks.
The Asitzbahn cable car takes you from Leogang to the start of the various trails, where downhillers then plunge into the rapid descent:
- Steinberg Line by FOX (light)
- Hangman I (medium difficulty)
- HOT SHOTS fired by GoPro (difficult)
- Antonius Trail (difficult)
- Flow Link (medium difficulty)
- Hangman II (light)
- Flying Gangster (medium difficulty)
- SPEEDSTER (difficult)
- Steinberg Link (llight)
- Vali's hell (difficult)
- Bongo Bongo (difficult)
- Lumberjack Line (difficult)
- Riederfeld lift
- Conveyor belt
- GoPro Bagjump
- World Champs Pumptrack