Sustainable holidays in Saalbach
Construction methods and materials
Sustainable holidays in Saalbach guaranteed: All of the Bachgut chalets are low-energy buildings using only half as much heat energy as "normal" houses. This is the equivalent of heat insulation of 26 to 40 cm. The doors and windows also play an important role. To ensure the best possible heat insulation, the windows of the Bachgut are triple-glazed storing the sunlight energy during the day. This is known as passive solar heating.
Any energy needs are satisfied by means of photovoltaic cells and wood chip or pellet heating.
Timber frame construction
A timber frame construction method was implemented for the construction of the walls at the Bachgut mountain resort in Saalbach Hinterglemm.
Advantages of a timber frame construction:
- Simple construction method
- Dry construction method, no moisture, a pleasant atmosphere right from the start
- Short construction time
- Construction method is also suitable for modern designs
- Good insulation properties for the thickness of walls
For the construction of the facades, about 1520 m² of wooden shingles were used. The shingles come from high-quality larch wood, split using traditional methods. The shingles are doubly overlapped, providing a totally waterproof facade.
One of the advantages of a shingle facade is that no painting or varnishing is needed. In this way, chemical substances can be avoided as much as possible. The shingles develop a covering of a silver grey patina over the course of time.
In any construction works at the Bachgut, the main focus lies on employing local companies, builders and thus supporting the local economy. It goes without saying that resources and building materials from close surroundings are used as much as possible.
- Gravel is obtained from local rivers
- Concrete comes from the Maishofen concrete manufacturers (20 km away), who generate their electricity by means of a hydroelectric power plant
- Wood comes from our own forests
Would you like to experience sustainable holidays in Saalbach yourself? We're looking forward to your enquiry!