The well thought out sustainability-in-action philosophy at the Bachgut ensures an environmentally-friendly holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm. The energy at the Bachgut is generated from the following sources: sun, water and soil. Find out more about the respective energy generation processes.
The drinking water piping at the Bachgut was made out of pressure-resistant pipes, which enabled the installation of a drinking water turbine in an elevated tank in the valley. In this way, the Bachgut has its own drinking water power plant alongside a drinking water supply network in which electricity is produced with a Pelton turbine day and night.
Annual electricity production: 45,000 KW - CO2 saving of 29.25 tons.
- The heating energy required for the Bachgut is created with wood chip and pellet firing.
- Annual requirements: approx. 250 cubic metres
- Wood chip supplier: own forest / forest association Saalbach Hinterglemm
- Heat generator: Hargassner woodchip boiler 2 x 100 KW
- Heat distribution: district heating network to
- Heustadl 8 KW
- Bachgut chalets 70 KW
- Bachgut main house 100 KW
- Bachgut Jagdhaus 10 KW
Your holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm is environmentally friendly, sustainable and future orientated. You can therefore spend your next holidays with a new awareness and respect of nature and the environment - which makes the relaxation here twice as nice! Secure your place in the sun today!